11.27.2012

chair.

At the end of August I convinced Dave to venture out to the suburbs with me to my favorite furniture thrift stores.  I was in the mood for a new project since my crazy summer had just ended and was looking for some storage pieces as well as some chairs for our family room.  It was a good trip.  I found a Mid-century modern china cabinet $45 and a vintage orange chair for $10.  Side note: for some reason anytime I say that I bought a china cabinet I feel like I'm 80 years old.  You are correct when you look at your calendar and see that the date is November 27th.   Three months later the chair is complete.


I painted the chair with white high gloss paint and covered buttons with a simple gray suede fabric.  It was my first time to cover buttons and it was much more simple than I imagined.


The total cost for the project was about $20.  I'm very happy with the final product.


The china cabinet is about 98% done so you have another project to look forward to.


No comments:

Post a Comment