You'll love it.
And you'll always find room for it in the pantry after you make it once.
Here's how to make it.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Pour some extra virgin olive oil in an oven safe bowl. Peel fresh garlic and with a flat knife smash at least half of the cloves. I use about 2 cups of Olive Oil for 5 cloves of garlic. Place the garlic in the bowl with the olive oil and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the garlic is slightly golden. Remove the garlic from the oil and store the oil until you need it. Here are some things you can use it for:
- Bread dip: garlic oil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper
- Saute shrimp
- Toss it with pasta and veggies
- Add it to your favorite pasta dish
- Garlic cheese bread: put it on pizza crust with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and bake
- Anything that tastes good with garlic