10.04.2011

the outdoors.

I am loving the weather this week and taking full advantage of it.  That's one of the great benefits from working at home; you can take your office outdoors.  At our house we have what I call a "Friends" balcony.  The only way to access the balcony is through the window just like in the show.  It's a small and quaint space and perfectly shaded for a hot, sunny day like today.

A few months ago I gave this space a little makeover on a $25 budget.  I know pallets are the big trend in design these days and yep, I'll admit it, I jumped on the bandwagon.  Why wouldn't you though, they're free!  Check it out...



Here's how I did it...
I got two free pallets from the side of the street.  I cut them in half and stacked them on top of each other.  I went to Home Depot and had them cut a wood panel to the correct size.  I painted them white and screwed them to the top pallet.  I found an old crate at a garage sale and a few cushions at Salvation Army.  And there you have it, all for just around $25 bucks!

Here's what it cost...
2 pallets                    Free
wood panel              $15
paint                         Free (I had it from previous projects)
wood crate               $5
cushions                  $2.40 ($.80 each)

Hope you've been able to enjoy the outdoors this week!

1 comment:

  1. whoo hoo! love the addition of the enjoy pillow - super cute. glad you're putting those cushions to good use! :)

    ReplyDelete