2.03.2011

The Real Deal.

So a while ago I told you about some pumpkin break package I found at Trader Joes. I mean, it was good and really easy, but I'm about to share with you the real deal. This is a recipe from my mom, Pelly. I have no idea where she got it but we will just say it's been passed down through my family for many generations. It's probably a family secret or something. I've been meaning to make it for a while now and three month later I'm just getting around to it. I guess we can thank Blizzard 2011 for the pumpkin bread due to two unexpected snow days! So here's the recipe.


Ingredients:

4 cups sugar
1 29oz can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 cup oil
5 cups flour
1 Tbs baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 loaf pans (or muffin tins). Combine sugar, pumpkin, and eggs in a large bowl. Add oil & beat to combine. Blend in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Fill prepared pans 3/4 full.

Bake loaf for about 1 hour. Bake muffins for about 25-30 min.

The final product=


I ate 4 muffins today. You should try it.


1 comment:

  1. hey Sara! I'm finally catching up on your blog! ha!
    I have this recipe and the brownie trifle.. your mom gave them to me a year or so ago when I was desperate for some recipes! She has a great collection of them. I must get a heart muffin tin tho!
    love you girl!

    ReplyDelete