9.30.2010

Hello.

Hi. I’m Sara Ashly. I know, my parents forgot letters when spelling my name. I am a wife, daughter, sister, disciple of Christ, aunt, friend, just your average person. I love creating, drinking coffee (with a straw so my teeth don’t get yellow), dreaming businesses that won’t ever happen, having a rich, smooth glass of red wine, dating my husband, having great convos with friends and family, and all things mini.

There are two reasons for me starting this blog (that I still feel kind of weird about). First, I am bored out of my mind. I have been unemployed for almost two months now. We recently relocated to the Chicago area, which I love, but I don’t know anyone, all my stuff (including craft stuff) is in storage, I don’t have a place to decorate or organize, I don’t have any of the books I’ve been wanting to read, I don’t have money to spend, blah, blah, blah! So I have been entertaining myself by spending multiple hours a day rummaging through smelly clothes at thrift stores hoping to find a treasure. I have to say, I’ve enjoyed my time with the thrift store, and wow have I found some treasures, but the bank account can’t even afford this innocent habit! So blogging is my new answer to free entertainment! I figured if I’m going to start this blog I should probably have more of a reason than boredom, so here is my second reason. There’s a verse in 1 Thess. 5:16 that says, “Be joyful always.” Although I haven’t achieved this, I’ve realized in my short 26 years of life that this is by far the best way to strive to live life. Dictionary.com defines joy as “the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying.” I’ve found that joy comes in big things, little things, people, animals, colors, creation, words, relationship and in everything. We just have to look for it. My hope is that this blog will help me and you do just that…look for joy in everyday life. I hope you have many laughs (with me and at me), you’re inspired in someway and also come to realize that straws, hippos and minis are some of the greatest joys life has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment