12.20.2012

Mobile.

I didn't really think I wanted a mobile for Fraz's room because I'm super weird and didn't want it to feel like a baby's room (who am I, seriously).  Mobile screams baby though there are some super cute ones out there these days.  But due to some unplanned circumstances, like deciding to keep a LARGE chaise lounger and after already hanging my main wall decor, I needed something to balance the room.  A mobile was the obvious answer.  And guess what...I kind of like it.  It only took about 1 hour to make and it cost about $10.  I like when things are cheap because then when I change my mind (which usually happens) I don't feel as bad to change it.

Here's how I did it.    

  I bought three different size embroidery hoops (4inch being the smallest).

 I cut the fishing line to equal lengths and used a hot glue gun to adhere the fishing line to the loops.  I used three strings between each loop.

Finished product.

They have lots of different color loops or the natural wood which would be really cool too. It would be easy to add felt shapes or cute ornaments (that aren't Christmas themed) hanging from the bottom loop if you wanted it to look more like a true mobile.  Get creative with it!  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! I found your blog via Rachel and love seeing your DIY posts! Are you going to do a full room reveal sometime soon?! I'd love to see the other projects you've made :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly. Thanks so much for commenting! I will be doing a full room reveal soon after we get home from Ethiopia. There were still a few things I was waiting to get before I posted pictures. Also I thought it would make the room look cuter if he was sitting in his crib smiling :) We'll see how that goes!

      Delete
  2. I love that the hoops are branded by Hoopla! You are too creative! Congrats on Fraz!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete