1.21.2013

Sharpie Mugs.

Well, well, well...another post about sharpie mugs.  It's totally the cool thing to do these days.  If you haven't done it, you should totally try it.  It works, it's fun and it's cheap!

If you don't know, I am a camp director.  This means that I hire about 25 college students to work for me each summer to run camp for elementary school kids all throughout Chicago.  Pretty fun, huh?  My team of college students had a lot of random things they would say, one being "FTK".  This means for the kids.  Anytime they would do anything that was crazy, flat out gross or something that they didn't want to do, they would say FTK.  I made up another meaning to challenge my staff, FTK, for the Kingdom.  We did a study this summer on the Kingdom of God and how it's present today and we can participate in it NOW.  How are you living for the Kingdom?

In December, everyone from my team got together for a Christmas party.  I thought it would be fun to have a little gift for each of them so I made them sharpie mugs to remind them of all the great things they learned and did this past summer.

Here's how to make one:
1.  Buy a ceramic mug.  I got mine at Ikea for $0.99!
2.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
3.  Draw or use a stencil with a sharpie on the mug.  I used a small plastic stencil that I bought at JoAnns.
4.  Put your mug on a baking pan and stick it in the oven for 35 minutes.
5.  Drink.  Enjoy.  Hand wash.

They loved the mugs (I think) and it was overall a great party and time of fellowship together.

The outcome.

All ready to give.  Girls get one with a ribbon, boys get a plain one.

Some of the crazy bunch

Me and Chelsey (My assistant director)
Also, please note that I made that necklace. I know, you're hoping I'll do a tutorial on that next.  For the party everyone was supposed to dress up in an outfit that represented a Christmas carol.  I was Deck the Halls.  There are cards and Halls cough drops on my necklace if you can't tell.  


No comments:

Post a Comment