12.31.2011

The first day.

The first day of every year is always amazing.   For me, it usually consists of football, hors d'oeuvres, people I really like and being a slob.  If you took away any of these things the day wouldn't be complete  but especially the hors d'oeuvres.  I love food, variety, snacking and unique things that I don't get to eat everyday.  So with this in mind I thought I'd give you a little present to celebrate a great year to come, my favorite hors d'oeuvres recipe.  It's incredible, juicy and crisp, a Schupra Family tradition and could possibly change your life.  Enjoy!


Kielbasa Bites
Ingredients
3 lbs Kielbasa
1 bottle chili sauce (12 oz)
1.5 c Ketchup
3/4 c boiling water
1 bay leaf
4 whole allspice
1 onion thinly sliced
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c dry red wine (optional)


Directions
Cut the kielbasa into 1" diagonal pieces.  Place them in a deep baking dish.  Combine chili sauce, ketchup and boiling water.  Add in the bay leaf and allspice.  Pour the sauce mixture over the kielbasa, top with onions and brown sugar.  Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  Add wine and bake for an additional 15 minutes.



Cheers to the first day of a great year!   


No comments:

Post a Comment