1.25.2011

Exploring Chicago

Since we've moved to the city, we've been exploring a lot. I've seen a lot of cute restaurants, unique boutiques and amazing homes. Here are some of our favorite places so far.


Ann Sather's
Ann is known for her Cinnamon rolls. Two rolls are served as a side dish to your meal. They are delicious.



Longman & Eagle
This is a Whiskey Bar located in Logan Square.
It earned a Michelin Star and supposedly had a 4.5 hour wait for dinner over the holidays! Here I enjoyed my new favorite beer, Noire de Chambly. It's amazing, you have to try it. The food was also incredible. I ordered a pork belly BLT.




Mindy's Hot Chocolate
Thanks to Phil and Becca for this discovery. This cute little place is located in Wicker Park. I ordered the seasonal heirloom salad and Dave got a burger with an egg on top. The food was satisfying but I've never had anything like their hot chocolate. It was a dessert in itself. It was rich and smooth topped with their homemade square marshmallows. Marshmallows are one of my favorite foods and it was my first time to eat square shaped ones. It was a special moment for sure. You can order both their hot chocolate and homemade marshmallows online.

(I didn't take this picture)


Enjoy Urban General Store
Enjoy is a cute boutique shop located right in my own neighborhood, Lincoln Square. It sells a whole bunch of stuff that you don't need but you would find great pleasure in. For example, bacon dental floss, glass milk cartons, coffee ice cube molds and so many other crazy things.


Glenn's Diner
A pan-fried, shrimp po' boys sandwich was the best shrimp sandwich I've ever had. It was actually my first shrimp sandwich but was it was really good. It won't be my last! Glenn's is a casual setting with amazing food. Their meatloaf sandwich was on Food Networks, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.




Nadeau's Furniture with a Soul
Amazing furniture. I could end it there but I'll tell you more. Honestly, they have some of the coolest pieces I've ever seen. All the furniture is imported from Indonesia and is all at wholesale price. Check out their website to see some of their pieces. You will fall in love.








Random House
This is one of the coolest homes I've ever seen. We spotted it when exploring Lincoln Park. It's a perfect blend of old and new. They kept the outside of the original house and created a courtyard garden between the old exterior and the new building. The new building is really sleek and modern. I wish I could see the inside. I can only imagine how sweet it is. Here's the best pictures I could get with my phone.





Hopefully there will be a lot of new discoveries to come as we continue to explore the windy city!

No comments:

Post a Comment